Commercial flooring covers a broad range of organisations and businesses from public services such as Fire Stations, Police Stations and Coast Guard Facilities to Corporate Offices, TV Studios, Gyms and Public Buildings etc.
The requirements of commercial clients are varied as the uses of the floors are broad with varying degrees of traffic, impact and hygiene requirements. Another factor in the commercial flooring sector is the impact that the floor makes on customers, clients and the general public. A wide range of colours and finishes can be utilised to ensure that an organisation’s brand guidelines are adhered to in the flooring within the space. Corporate and brand logos can be incorporated into the flooring designs for a real wow factor.
- Hygiene – a key consideration in every location and a core part of the floor design to enable ease of maintenance.
- Fire Resistance – appropriate certification should be provided for flooring solutions as and when required.
- Slip Resistance – This is dependent on the environment and the use i.e. is the floor under wet or dry conditions? What type of traffic uses the floor i.e. Vehicles or people? Cleaning capabilities need to be balanced with safety.
- Abrasion Resistance – with heavy footfall and traffic in public areas a flooring system needs to be able to stand up to abrasion
- Waterproofing – Waterproofing qualities are important for outside public spaces
- Drainage – standing water is an accident hazard for both pedestrians and vehicles
- Colours and Logos – Does the flooring solution allow for the delivery of a brand congruent flooring with a range of colours and finishes to compliment the visual identity of the organisation
To choose the right Surface System for your Commercial Flooring needs just contact us at Surface Systems and one of our trained technical team will discuss your requirements and arrange a site visit in order to provide you with a quote for an appropriate Surface System.